Thursday, April 7, 2022

I AM

 

Original Artwork by Ollie Brewster 
(small graphic contribution by Vicky Edgerly)


I AM

I am granddaughter to the generations that came before me.

I am grandmother to the generations that spring forth from me.

I am PRESENT in all generations….I AM

 

I am  a being of light.

I am a conduit for bringing light to the Earth.

I am kin to the very stars themselves…I AM

 

I am grounded in the physicality of Mother Earth.

Her rivers are my veins, her water is my blood.

I am a planter-of-seeds on earth…I AM

 

I am the caress of a gentle breeze, the blast of an arctic wind.

I am the first wail of a newborn

and the last breath of a dying old woman…IAM

 

I am granddaughter to the generations that came before me.

I am grandmother to the generations that spring forth from me.

I am PRESENT in all generations….I AM

by Vicky Edgerly ~ 2022


About the Above Image

The art you see above, and subsequent writing, resulted from one of my favorite human interactions to date... 

As the story goes, my eldest grandchild, Ollie, had been doing some pretty great artwork of late, and I felt compelled to having them do a custom piece for me. A portrait. 

This wasn't just any portrait.  I wanted Ollie to do a portrait of how THEY saw ME. I left it completely up to them to use whatever medium they wanted and to take as long as they needed.

It didn't take long before I received Ollie's finished portrait along with this interesting note:

"So i sat down to draw your portrait but i'm slightly afraid that it may have turned out to actually be a self portrait by accident"


Well my goodness, the moment I laid eyes on this piece I had a powerful, emotional response to it. 

In the 30 seconds that followed I suddenly just KNEW things.  Things about humanity, the Soul and the earth/body connection.  I could SEE into the past and future generations by following the umbilical cord-like stream of energy connecting us all. It was an incredible experience, one that I savored so much I just had to write about it, commemorating it to our earthly timeline records. 

So yes, Ollie, this most certainly IS a self portrait of you, the artist! Its also a portrait of me, your mother, your sisters, and all who have ever or will ever walk the earth.   

It was my joy to co-create this with you by adding my own eyes to the portrait along with the past, present, future generations graphic. For we are all are forever entwined and connected to one another, and the thread binding you and I is one spun of golden silk! 

There is much written in the vibration of this image.  I trust it will find it's way into the hearts of those who gaze upon it.  In this way, may we all begin to see each other more clearly.  May we see each other as an extension of ourselves and may we allow our hearts to open. 

Blessings,

Vicky


Vicky Edgerly is a Reiki Master and Spiritual Teacher who uses the wisdom she’s gained through study & personal experience to assist others in navigating life’s challenges.  As someone who has chosen to grow from her STE’s  (‘Spiritually Transformative Events’ ….a life event that changes one's belief systems and outlook on life), she uses her knowledge and experience to empower others.

Vicky specializes in showing folks the way through the grieving experience by applying metaphysical practices and offers private sessions as a “Grief Journey Guide”.  She has worked closely with The Afterlife Education Foundation from Portland Oregon for several years and was featured in open panel discussions at their annual conferences


Read More from Vicky Edgerly: 


More From Vicky:

 www.whiteelephantwisdom.com


info@whiteelephantwisdom.com







No comments:

Post a Comment